Thursday, September 14, 2006

Dinner in 20

These tasty Spiced Black Bean Burgers were prepared and cooked in 20 minutes. Since I didn't have a gluten free bun, I put together some lettuce and tomato on a plate and steamed some broccoli while the burgers cooked. This recipe was taken from http://epicurious.com.

Put the following ingredients in a food processor (I used my mini prep for easy cleanup):
1-15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/3 c. chopped onion
1/4 c. dry breadcrumbs (I used oatmeal)
2 T. favorite salsa
1 t. ground cumin
2-3 dashes Tabasco
salt and pepper

If you don't have a nonstick pan, put a little oil in or spray the bottom of a large fry pan. Shape the bean mixture into 3 or 4 patties and place them into the pan. Be sure they don't touch or they will stick together. Cook on medium high heat for about four minutes on each side or until heated through.

It's as easy as that!

No comments: